Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Taste of Darkness by Maria V. Snyder


Taste of Darkness (Healer, #3)Taste of Darkness


She's fought death and won. But how can she fight her fears?

Avry knows hardship and trouble. She fought the plague and survived. She took on King Tohon and defeated him. But now her heart-mate, Kerrick, is missing, and Avry fears he's gone forever.

But there's a more immediate threat: The Skeleton King plots to claim the Fifteen Realms for his own. With armies in disarray and the dead not staying down, Avry's healing powers are needed now more than ever.

Torn between love and loyalty, Avry must choose her path carefully. For the future of her world depends on her decision.

__________________________________________________ 
 
A lovely ending to a fun series. This isn’t my favorite series of Snyder’s (LOVED Poison Study), but I liked it better than the last one (the Glass series). The plot was twisty and turny and amazingly enough everyone I cared about survived the twists and turns. Phew. BIG phew. I was NOT a fan of the Skeleton King plot twist (um, where did he come from?), it was disgusting. But everything ended well and hopefully my favorite characters can finally rest for a bit. Take a break. Live life. Finally RELAX. These books were a little rush rush and frankly kind of exhausting.

And by the way? Please no more leering from main characters. Only villains or nasty old men are supposed to leer. Okay? Okay.

Mom note: As a mother of readers, I also want to make a note to myself (and others if they care) why I would or would not have my children read this book, because honestly, sometimes I forget. This is a YA book, so everything is within YA strictures. Violence: heavy (ick, yuck); Profanity: none; Sex: yes

No comments:

Post a Comment