Sunday, May 13, 2012

Take a Bow by Elizabeth Eulberg



 Take a Bow Take a Bow


From the fantastic author of The Lonely Hearts Club and Prom & Prejudice comes a story of all the drama and comedy of four friends who grow into themselves at a performing arts high school.Emme, Sophie, Ethan, and Carter are seniors at a performing arts school, getting ready for their Senior Showcase recital, where the pressure is on to appeal to colleges, dance academies, and professionals in show business. For Sophie, a singer, it's been great to be friends with Emme, who composes songs for her, and to date Carter, soap opera heartthrob who gets plenty of press coverage. Emme and Ethan have been in a band together through all four years of school, but wonder if they could be more than just friends and bandmates. Carter has been acting since he was a baby, and isn't sure how to admit that he'd rather paint than perform. The Senior Showcase is going to make or break each of the four, in a funny, touching, spectacular finale that only Elizabeth Eulberg could perform.

(summary from goodreads.com)
__________________________________________________

This book reminded me that I am NOT the target audience for young adult fiction. It was sweet and cute, I loved Emme and her relationship with her band, the romance was sweet, Sophie was annoying, but it was also more "teen" than I am interested in reading about. A great story for the teens in your life, but not necessarily the adults. Especially excellent for teens who love drama and/or music.

Mom note: As a mother of readers, I also want to make a note to myself (and others if they care) why I would or would not have my children read this book, because honestly, sometimes I forget. Violence: none. Profanity: none that I can recall. Sex: mild innuendos but nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment